Sunday, November 5, 2023

Don't you dare

In shadows deep, you mustn't tread,

If fleeting thoughts are all you bring, instead.

Don't let me hold on to a fading dream,

Release my heart from the what-ifs' scheme.


Don't question of my day's embrace,

The hollow echoes, the empty space.

Let silence linger, let distance mend,

A heartache's journey, a sorrow's end.


In whispered echoes, let it be,

A distance kept, a soul set free.

For in your presence, flames may rise,

Desires unbidden, in longing eyes.


The fear of wanting, of needing you near,

It whispers softly, in shadows of fear.

You seem to sidestep, to keep me at bay,

A choice unspoken, a love held at bay.


To touch your shoulders, taste your lips,

A dangerous dance, a precipice.

Yet I must hold back, restrain the fire,

And quell the yearning, quench desire.


In hushed plea, I beg you stay away,

For closer still, my heart may sway.

I sense your distance, your quiet retreat,

A truth I grapple, a pain hard to meet.


I've tasted the ache, the sting of before,

A heart left bruised, longing for more.

So spare me the pain, the wounds of old,

Let silence speak, let the story unfold.


#itsmedaisyLee

1 comment:

pahingi naman ng komento :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Bawal mangopya !

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Receive All Free Updates Via Facebook.